ACPA was one of almost 150 stakeholders to co-sign a letter from the Infrastructure Working Group(1) in urging Congress to take up and pass a bipartisan infrastructure bill that will improve the safety, reliability and efficiency of our nation’s infrastructure. The letter was addressed to key Leadership of the House and Senate, and urges Republicans and Democrats to unite to develop and pass a bipartisan infrastructure bill that addresses six areas, including:
- Federal investments;
- Federal infrastructure accounts, including the Highway Trust Fund;
- Funding mechanisms, such as municipal bonds;
- Private investment in infrastructure,
- Creating efficiencies while continuing to environmental protections, and;
- Encouraging active participation at all levels of government and among the public and private sectors.
Click here to see the letter.
Interested in other government affairs news? Follow this link to see ACPA’s government affairs repository.
(1) Organized by the Association of General Contractors of America and the National Association of Manufacturers, the group is organized to advocate to Congress the critical need for comprehensive infrastructure legislation.