Welcome to the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee page. This page contains news and current events related to the federal advocacy efforts of ACPA, along with transportation-construction allies and coalition partners.
On this page, you will also find information about the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee, along with some resources that may help with your federal and local advocacy efforts.
Please check our Government Affairs Archive often for legislative and policy related stories and posts. Events and issues covered in these articles have a direct impact on the surface transportation construction industry, and equally important, on your business!
Position Papers (ACPA’s Perspectives provide the Association’s views and other information on timely and timeless topics) Check out the full assortment of these documents by clicking here.
About the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee
- ACPA Forms Legislative Issues Committee (June 23, 2017) – Announcement of transition from Legislative Issues Task Force to full committee.
- New Chairs Announced at ACPA Meeting (June 29, 2017) – Announcement of LIC and other new ACPA volunteer leaders.
- Read more about the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee.
- Learn how to become a member of the Legislative Issues Committee (by completing an Advocacy Interest Membership form).
- The ABC’s of How to Petition Government
- North American Concrete Alliance website: This link provides a wealth of government affairs-related information and resources for the concrete industry. Formed in 2004 by a coalition of 12 concrete-related association, NACA is focused on addressing industry-wide legislative and policy related concerns & initiatives in the areas of infrastructure investment, research, safety and education.