Welcome to the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee page. This page contains news and current events related to the federal advocacy efforts of ACPA, along with transportation-construction allies and coalition partners.
On this page, you will also find information about the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee, along with some resources that may help with your federal and local advocacy efforts.
Please check this page often for public affairs news, current events, and other developments, which occur regularly. These events have a direct impact on the surface transportation construction industry, and equally important, on your business!
News and Public Affairs
- Magazine Cites Federal Official’s Views on Pavement Competition (August 8, 2017)
- ACPA Congratulates the Hon. Brandye Hendrickson, FHWA Deputy Administrator (July 28, 2017)
- ACPA Congratulates the Hon. Mala Krishnamoorti Parker, FHWA Associate Administrator for Policy (July 28, 2017)
- ACPA Signs Coalition Letter in Support of PFC Adjustment, AIP Funding Increase (July 26, 2017)
- Highway Materials Group Expresses Support for PFC Adjustment, AIP Funding Increase (July 26, 2017)
- ACPA, TCC Partners Send Message to Senate Approps in support of the THUD bill (July 26, 2017)
- ACPA Urges Engineers to Take the Grand Challenge (March 29, 2017)
- ACPA Congratulates the Hon. Elaine Chao, 18th Secretary of the U.S. Department of Transportation (Feb. 7, 2017)
- ACPA and TCC partners urge 115th Congress to finalize FY highway appropriations expeditiously (Jan. 19, 2017)
About the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee
- ACPA Forms Legislative Issues Committee (June 23, 2017) – Announcement of transition from Legislative Issues Task Force to full committee.
- New Chairs Announced at ACPA Meeting (June 29, 2017) – Announcement of LIC and other new ACPA volunteer leaders.
- Read more about the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee.
- Learn how to become a member of the Legislative Issues Committee (by completing an Advocacy Interest Membership form).
- The ABC’s of How to Petition Government
- Find your U.S. Senators and Representatives’ contact information
- Search for current (draft) and past legislation (Congress.gov site)
- Search for current and past legislation (Library of Congress/Thomas)
- Simple glossary of words and phrases used in Congress
- Advanced glossary of Congressional words and phrases (U.S. Senate version)
- Advanced glossary of Congressional words and phrases (U.S. House version)
- Official, searchable database of Senators and Representatives (past and present)