ACPA’s Highways, Streets and Industrial Pavement Market Forums are the place to be for discussions about opportunities, challenges, and critical needs. These three forums will be LIVE events during the 2nd day of our 57th Annual Meeting.
Don’t miss the opportunity to join the dialogue. Here’s a snapshot of our discussion opportunities:
HIGHWAYS FORUM (11 a.m. to Noon, Central time)
Inter-industry competition, concrete overlays, asset management, pavement preservation, performance-engineered mixtures, pavement resilience, and mechanistic design are all high-stakes issues in our industry’s biggest market. In this forum, we will hear from various stakeholders about both opportunities and challenges, and together wrap our arms around the implications and expectations facing concrete highways.
- Gina Ahlstrom, Team Leader Pavement Materials, Federal Highway Administration
- Jeremy Gregory, Ph.D., Executive Director, Concrete Sustainability Hub, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Paul Degges, P.E., Deputy Commissioner/Chief Engineer, Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Leif Wathne, P.E., Executive Vice President, ACPA (Moderator)
INDUSTRIAL PAVEMENT FORUM (12:30 – 1:30 pm, Central time)
Whether conventional or roller-compacted, concrete pavements have always played a pivotal role in the industrial pavement sector. Experts will discuss ideas on the future for industrial pavements and open the floor to your questions, comments, and ideas in the industrial pavement member forum.
- Feng Mu, PhD, P.E., Senior Flatwork Engineer; PNA Construction Technologies
- Robert Rodden, P.E., Director of Engineering Strategy and Data Science, Megaslab
- Rick Sniegowski, Vice President Business Development/Mentor, K-Five Construction Corp.
- Corey Zollinger, P.E., Director – Paving Solutions; CEMEX
- Mark Snyder, PhD, P.E., Staff Consultant; ACPA (Moderator)
STREETS FORUM (1:45 p.m. – 2:45 p.m. Central)
Urban streets and county roads present an enormous growth market for our industry. Intersections, roundabouts, and other heavy truck traffic areas tend to be gateways for the use of concrete pavements. The streets and local roads forum will open a discussion on market opportunities, as well as the challenges and construction issues (such as jointing, maintenance of traffic, and ADA compliance). You can help define the strategies to unlock untapped potential!
- Angela Folkestad, P.E., Executive Director, CO/WY Chapter ACPA
- Sam Joiner, General Manager for Concrete Operations, Ajax Paving
- Rob Kish, General Superintendent Concrete Division, Milestone Contractors
- Greg Mulder, P.E., Executive Director, Iowa Concrete Pavement Association
- Heath Schopf, Area Supervisor, Vinton Construction Company
- Eric Ferrebee, P.E., Director of Technical Services, ACPA
SOCIAL HOUR & NETWORKING ACTIVITIES (3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Central)
This is another great opportunity to catch up with friends and colleagues in a unique forum that offers networking and fun conversations. So, grab your choice of beverage, kick back, and meet up with others. You’ll also have a chance to win a prize during this great event!
We’ve got much more in store for the week, so don’t miss the opportunity to participate in our meeting, which runs from December 1 through 3. Click here to register today!