2020/2021 Sponsor Support Growing
- Wednesday, 14 October 2020 12:34
More companies stepped forward this week to become 2020/2021 sponsors of ACPA. Twelve companies are now taking advantage of the revamped sponsor program which provides new visibility options.
“Excitement is definitely building as we continue our preparations for the 57th Annual Meeting,” says Voigt. “However, any companies that are contemplating sponsorship should sign up in the next week. The involvement of our sponsors is vital for us to present a robust annual meeting program every year.”
In addition to recognition during the annual meeting, Gold sponsors receive recognition in ACPA’s CONCRETE PAVEMENT PROGRESS magazine, ACPA’s annual membership directory, the association’s weekly newsletter (ACPA TODAY), and our popular “3 Minutes on Monday” video special reports, as well as ACPA’s 2021 mid-year meeting. You may sign on as a sponsor any time for these benefits, but the deadline to be included in the 57th Annual Meeting is Thursday, October 22, 2020.
Click here to see a flyer, which details the sponsorship program Gold and Event levels, as well as optional recognitions. If you’re interested in sponsorship, please contact Jerry Voigt or Ann Shlimon today!
Register Today for Our Upcoming Webinars
- Wednesday, 14 October 2020 09:33
There’s still time to register for our next webinar, which will cover concrete roundabout design & construction.
Please register early, as demand is very strong and is limited to the first 950 people. This popular topic, along with other topics in our technology transfer program, all begin at noon (Central) on the dates shown below.
- (October 20) Concrete Roundabout Design & Construction. With the increasing popularity and use of roundabouts, which are used to keep traffic flowing and improve safety. The webinar will cover current best practices in concrete roundabout design and construction. Our presenters are Steve Waalkes (Michigan Concrete Association) and Eric Ferrebee (ACPA).
- (November 17) Lifecycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) in Pavement Design. (Presenters TBA.) Roadbuilding agencies are faced with funding dilemmas and project prioritization every day, a situation further amplified because of COVID-19. LCCA, as part of a Road Network Health initiative, will help agencies build a plan that looks at not only initial costs, but also ongoing costs. Understanding what the true project ROI is critical to maximizing efficiencies of every funding dollar and this webinar explains how LCCA can help support project planning.
- (December 15) Concrete Pavement Thickness Design and Slab Geometry. (Presenters TBA.) Many factors are considered when designing pavements for highways, intersections, roundabouts and bus stops. Learn about how DOT’s and municipalities take complex challenges and turn them into applicable solutions.
to register for the upcoming webinars.
Did you see “3 Minutes on Monday”?
- Wednesday, 14 October 2020 09:16
ACPA’s “3 Minutes on Monday” vlog presents the latest developments in with ACPA and the world around us. Here are links to the last two updates:
Links to the popular video messages are emailed to all ACPA members, staff, and chapters on Monday mornings, usually around 8 a.m. (Eastern). If you’re not receiving the video links, please contact Bill Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org or 874.423.8703.
You can also view the complete playlist on our YouTube channel. Be sure to subscribe at @ConcretePavements and to check out the “3 Minutes on Monday.”
ACPA Names Keynote Speaker for AM57
- Wednesday, 07 October 2020 13:33
ACPA is pleased to announce Will Bowen as the 57th Annual Meeting keynote speaker. Will is a professional humorist and motivational speaker. He examines issues such as complaining, stress, fear, and other aspects of daily life.
With humor and sharp insights, he has audiences laughing and learning to put problems in perspective, and to experience gratitude and joy in greater proportions. Click here to see a sneak peek of Will’s humor.
The virtual presentation by Will Bowen will be one of the many interesting, informative, and fun things in store for ACPA’s 57th Annual Meeting. Registration details and more about the meeting will be announced in the days and weeks ahead.
ACPA Calls for Board and SAC Nominations
- Wednesday, 07 October 2020 12:13
The ACPA Nominating Committee is seeking several candidates to serve on the 2021 Board of Directors and Strategic Advisory Committee (SAC).
The positions are for a three-year term and require a commitment to participate and support the Association’s objectives.
Participating on the board entails at a minimum; four meetings per year, with two of the meetings coinciding with the mid-year and annual meetings, respectively. Board members are also asked to review certain materials prior to weighing in on important decisions. Additionally, participation at the annual meeting in November/December is required.
The SAC meets in person twice per year at the mid-year and annual meetings. Additional virtual meetings may be called from time to time by the Chairperson.
Until conditions of the pandemic are alleviated, all ACPA meetings are being held virtually.
To nominate yourself or another ACPA member, please email Nominating Committee Chair, Jim Mack of CEMEX or ACPA President Jerry Voigt. The open call for nominations ends on Friday, October 23rd. The Nominating Committee will recommend a slate for election by the membership in late November.