Event and hotel registration are now open for ACPA’s 53rd Annual Meeting, which will be held in Austin, Texas, from November 29 through December 1. The meeting is just over three months away, and whether you’re a regular attendee, first-time attendee, or have never even considered attending an annual meeting previously, there are many compelling reasons to attend ACPA’s 53rd Annual Meeting. Here are 10 reasons you should make plans to attend:
- Exciting New Format – By popular demand, we’ve trimmed a day from our meeting and reformatted it to deliver an agenda that’s fast-paced and fun!
- Exceptional Location– The meeting is in the vibrant downtown area of Austin, which features restaurants; live music and other entertainment; and plenty of fun and interesting things to do.
- Continuing Education and Tech Transfer – Our popular Concrete Pavement University program will feature construction project and technology stories from around the country, along with a special technical session on performance specs and pay factors. ACPA offers 9-1/2 professional development hours for this information-rich event, which includes eight breakout sessions.*
- Plenty of Networking Opportunities – Relax and spend time with friends and new acquaintances at our welcome reception at Austin’s popular “Rattle Inn.” The reception atop the rooftop deck will feature drinks, local fare, tequila tasting, and more.
- Masterful Storytelling – The meeting will feature a guest speaker who promises to entertain, dazzle, and inspire us with storytelling shaped by classic and contemporary comedians.
- New Opportunities for Your Company to Be Seen – Check out our new sponsorship opportunities and select the options that offer the greatest value for your company. Be sure to commit as soon as possible so we can maximize your company’s visibility ahead of, during, and after the event. (Read more about these opportunities in the story: “ACPA Offers New Sponsorship Opportunities”.)
- Peer Discussions – Our task force meetings; “Strat” committee and member forum; and social events provide a great opportunity to discuss industry challenges with contractors, suppliers, consultants, promoters, and others in the concrete pavement industry.
- Best Time of Year – Year over year, members tell us the time frame for our meeting is the best. The meeting this year will be held Tuesday, November 29 through Thursday, December 1. This schedule means the meeting is outside the peak paving season, heavy holiday travel times, and hectic industry meeting and trade show cycles.
- Timely Topics – The ACPA Annual Meeting is the concrete pavement industry’s premier event for current topics of relevance to people who place, rehab, and restore concrete pavements. A prime example is a planned discussion by a senior official from the OSHA Directorate of Standards and Guidance. He will be on hand to talk about respirable crystalline silica and other health & safety issues.
- A Chance to Celebrate – We’ll reveal some entertaining surprises at week’s end, when we honor award-winning paving projects from across the country at ACPA’s Gala Reception and 27th Annual “Excellence in Concrete Pavement” awards banquet.
The Annual Meeting will be held at the Hyatt Regency Austin, which is set on Lady Bird Lake. The hotel offers views of Austin’s skyline and is located in the heart of the city’s vibrant downtown area. Popular attractions in the area include the 6th Street Entertainment District, Warehouse Restaurant District, and South Congress (SOCO) shopping and dining district.
Click here to visit 53rd Annual Meeting website for event and hotel registration, as well as complete details.
* This program is oriented toward states/provinces that allow self–reporting for licensure purposes. Participants are strongly advised to check the applicability of this training along with other reporting requirements in advance of registering for this program.