ACPA Encourages Early Registration for Annual Meeting
- Friday, 26 September 2014 21:15
For a printed copy of the annual meeting flyer, click here.
ACPA Chairman Tom Beck (Continental Cement LLC) is urging members and Chapter/State affiliates, along with spouses and families to register early for the 51st ACPA Annual Meeting, as well as hotel accommodations.
ACPA has prepared a special website that includes information about the meeting, as well as details about the spouse/guest program. Complete details may be found on a special event website at: http://events.acpa.org.
Some of the program elements unique to the meeting this year include:
- MIT’s Concrete Sustainability Hub presentations – ACPA will host a special overview, training and discussions with the Chapter/States on Tuesday, as well as a more general presentation on CS Hub results for members during our Concrete Pavement University (CPU) program on Thursday afternoon. The Thursday session (during CPU track 3) will also feature a presentation on competition, as well as two presentations detailing the CS Hub’s activities and describing the efforts to implement results of research and other initiatives.
- Annual Meeting of the Members – In addition to keynote remarks from Chairman Beck, this session also will include a “state of the association” report by Jerry Voigt, as well as updates from PCA, NRMCA, and the CP Tech Center.
- ACPA’s Strategic Advisory Committee – Scheduled for Thursday morning, and led by 2nd Vice Chair Steve Jackson (Cedar Valley Corp., LLC), this meeting will be a forum for discussing top priorities and emerging issues.
- FHWA’s Quality Assurance/Quality Control workshop – This year’s Concrete Pavement University (CPU) education, training, and tech transfer program, will include FHWA’s QA/QC training program, all presented in a workshop format. The presentations will be held during CPU track 2 (on Wednesday), as well as tracks 4 and 6 on Friday.
ACPA Moves Forward with Strategic Planning
- Thursday, 25 September 2014 16:45
DRAFT – waiting on email from Andy –
On October 30, a group appointed by the ACPA Board of Directors will be examining the input from association members and proposing priority focus areas.
Another group appointed by the Board will be meeting with Jerry Voigt to discuss the proposed 2015 business plan. Andy has a good description of that from an email with Mike Lipps.
Associations to Exhibit at AASHTO Annual Meeting
- Thursday, 25 September 2014 15:42
The latest collaborative effort among ACPA, PCA, and NRMCA is centered on delivering a unified message to transportation officials at the upcoming AASHTO Annual Meeting. The associations will be sharing exhibit space at the event, and will be providing information aimed at building awareness of the benefits of competition in the marketplace.
The AASHTO annual meeting brings together transportation organizations, government agencies/owners, and industry. The meeting is scheduled for November 20-24 in Charlotte, N.C.
Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter Seeks Promotional Director for Arkansas
- Wednesday, 10 September 2014 14:02
The Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter of the American Concrete Pavement Association (OK/AR ACPA) is seeking a highly motivated individual for a part time position as Promotional Director to increase awareness and the use of concrete pavements for highways, airports, and local roads throughout the state of Arkansas.
Qualified candidates must exhibit outstanding people skills and possess a firm foundation in heavy highway construction. This person must be able to develop sound relationships with highway department personnel, city engineers/managers and engineering consultants as well as represent the membership consisting of contractors, material/equipment suppliers and consulting engineers.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related field is preferred, but not required. Candidates should also have a minimum of 5 years experience in design and/or construction of highway projects including pavements. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and good public speaking skills are a must.
Work schedule and hours flexible. Salary commensurate with experience and work schedule.
For more information or to submit a resume, please contact OK/AR ACPA at (405) 767-5100 or by email at email@example.com.
ACPA, The Yard LLP Offer Members-Only Benefit
- Tuesday, 09 September 2014 21:44
ACPA and The Concrete Yard LLP, Cary, Ill., are offering an exclusive benefit to ACPA contractor members interested in purchasing previously owned concrete pavement equipment and accessories.
ACPA members who are registered on the contractor-to-contractor equipment website, “The Concrete Yard” (http://www.theconcreteyard.com) will receive exclusive emails that list used equipment and accessories ahead of their scheduled postings to the site. This service allows ACPA members prior access and up to 48 hours to act on any of the equipment pre-listings before they are posted and visible to all registered users of the website.
To take advantage of this special program, ACPA members should click on the special banner on the ACPA website, or alternatively, check the link on the Member Benefits section of the new website.
The portal is well organized and easy to navigate. Sellers pay no listing fees, and may simply contact “The Yard” with equipment listings. The company recommends providing as much information as possible, noting that the best listings include “the good, the bad, and the ugly.” This includes:
- Company info and contact(s).
- Equipment specifications.
- Maintenance & repair records.
- Build sheet, if available.
- Photos and videos, if available.
Buyers simply log in, then browse the site for current machine and accessory listings. Interested buyers complete a quick query, and then, Barrett provides an excellent breadth and depth of information, including:
- Information about the current owner.
- Where the machine/accessory is located.
- The means to speak with the operator or mechanic.
- The cost of the equipment with minimal mark-up.
- The ability to submit reasonable offers.
- The ability to find the best possible freight rates.
Prior to making an offer on equipment/accessories, buyers are asked to be fully aware of terms and conditions of “The Concrete Yard LLP,” which are available upon request.