The Utah Chapter-ACPA is seeking an Executive Director responsible for planning and implementing programs focused on expanding the use of concrete pavements in the construction, rehabilitation, airports, streets and roads and industrial facilities and maintenance of highways throughout the state of Utah.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calling on DOT, cities, counties, airports, consulting firms, members and potential members, commercial facility owners and parking lot owners to promote public policies that provide fair treatment of concrete pavement and to promote specific concrete pavement projects.
- Ensuring that Chapter officers, directors and members are kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of the Chapter and on all important factors influencing the organization.
- Coordinating meetings with the Board of Directors, general membership and other major committees.
- Assisting county, city and airport engineers and managers in obtaining the information necessary to make informed pavement type selection decisions.
- Assisting county, city and airport engineers on the development of design details and specifications for specific paving jobs.
- Developing, recommending and operating within an annual budget.
- Executing, directing or coordinating all decisions and actions of the Board of Directors.
- Overseeing membership development and retention plans and activities.
- Overseeing collection of dues and assessments.
- Maintaining effective relationships with public agencies and private entities.
- Coordinates annual paving workshops, seminars and awards programs.
- Assists members with local government affairs activities.
- Developing and implementing recommended best practices outlined in the “ACPA Chapter Best Practices Guide” (published in 2016).
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must possess and demonstrate the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- An engineering degree and registered professional engineering license is required. An undergraduate degree is the minimum accepted requirement; a graduate degree is desirable.
- Excellent and demonstrable written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Sales skill and ability to communicate ideas in a variety of settings is required.
- Must be reliable, loyal, self-motivated, and capable of managing time and other resources.
- Ability to move fluidly and efficiently among projects and deadlines in order to complete a range of projects concurrently is required.
- A background and experience in concrete pavement or concrete is required.
Compensation includes: salary (commensurate with experience and demonstrated proficiencies), health benefits, 401k, paid vacation and travel compensation.
Job type: This is a full-time, salaried position.
Applicants should send a confidential resume/salary history to:
1565 West 400 North
Orem, UT 84057
Please Note: All candidates who apply for this position will be kept confidential. The Utah Chapter-ACPA (the employer) is an “equal opportunity employer.” The employer will not discriminate and will ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, and advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of age, race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.