Date: Wednesday, June 18, 2014
Time: Noon to 2 p.m. (CENTRAL) | 1 to 3 p.m. (EASTERN) | 10 to Noon (PACIFIC)
- Mark Snyder, Ph.D., P.E., Consultant and Past-President of the International Society of Concrete Pavements (ISCP)
- Peter J. Smith, P.E., Vice President of Market Development and Product Engineering, The Fort Miller Co., Inc.
This is the fifth installment of our five-part series on jointed precast concrete pavements presented by the National Precast Concrete Association and the American Concrete Pavement Association.
This is an important topic for agencies/owners, contractors, consultants and others with an interest in precast concrete pavements. In this webinar, we will take a closer look at some of the ways jointed precast concrete pavement technology and products are being improved upon, as well as what potential improvements and applications are or soon will be available.
Our webinar will begin with a brief recap of parts one through four, and then, will proceed with discussions that cover these topics:
Part I. Overview and Current Outlook
- A quick recap of webinars 1 through 4.
- Perfecting what we already have started (with a look at bedding methods, load transfer, grade control, and techniques for achieving correct surface geometry
Part II. Product Improvements, Technology Enhancements
- Improving load transfer by minimizing the structural effects of slots.
- Making thinner panels: Why and where we need them
Part III. New Horizons: Innovations in Jointed Precast Concrete Pavements.
- New applications
- Unbonded (or bonded) precast overlays
- Re-movable and re-usable pavements (RUPs), including “Superpavers”
- Instrumented pavements for toll-roads, electric taxis, and weigh-in motion stations.
- Airport pavements (taxiway and runway applications)
- Bus pad innovations
- Bridge approach slabs
- Enabling materials and Equipment
- Rapid-setting bedding grout
- Removable dowels (Super-Dowels) and tie bars
- Laser-controlled grading equipment
Special rates are available for government personnel, as well as members of the American Concrete Pavement Association and National Precast Concrete Association. A registration code will be provided to NPCA members under separate cover. If you are a member of NPCA, please call (800) 366-7731 for a registration code. (You will then have to contact ACPA to register.)
To register online, please follow this link: http://www.acpa.org/upcoming-webinars-meganars-and-workshops/
Important: Government employees must contact ACPA by phone or email to receive the government discount. Please contact:
- (Wednesday-Friday) Debbie Becker (email@example.com | 847.423.8710)
- (Wedneday and Friday only) Elizabeth Rodden (firstname.lastname@example.org | 847.423.8702)