ACPA Continues Search for Promotion VP
- Tuesday, 05 February 2019 13:46
The American Concrete Pavement Association is continuing its search for a Vice President of Promotion to direct the planning and strategizing of national programs to improve market share of concrete pavement.
As reported previously, this is a new position, approved by the ACPA Board of Directors and created as part of the re-alignment with PCA described in ACPA’s 2018 Annual Report (see pages 15 & 16). The position description and application link may be found online on Indeed.com, said to be the number one job posting site in the world. Click here to view the complete ad.
ACPA Calling for Emerging Leader Nominees
- Tuesday, 05 February 2019 12:14
Interested in being part of the ACPA Emerging Leaders Group (ELG)? Or, do you know someone in your company who would be a good candidate for this group?
If so, please complete (or forward) the ELG backgrounder and nomination form. After completing the form, it can be saved, then forwarded to ACPA’s staff liaison, Eric Ferrebee.
Ferrebee says the group is a good way to learn about ACPA national and the chapter network while also “working on passion projects that can benefit the industry.”
The ELG currently has four working groups that are focusing on technology, marketing, work force development, and specifications.
“The social side is an important part, too,” Eric says. The group has done team-building, meet-ups at ACPA meetings, and other activities that give young professionals an opportunity to spend time with peers who have common interests. “It’s nice to work on specific things together, but we also have fun as a group.”
Eric encourages nominees to complete and return the form to ACPA by February 15, which will help the group as it plans its next event in mid-March. The group is open to members and chapter representatives who are 45 years old or younger and who are eager to grow into leadership roles. The ELG’s current chair is Robert Kish of Milestone Contractors, LP. The group is also supported by Ben Robuck of CEMEX.
ACPA Welcomes Donna Antonacci
- Tuesday, 05 February 2019 11:52
ACPA is pleased to announce the addition of Donna Antonacci as the Association’s Member & Marketing Assistant. Donna brings a wealth of marketing experience and involvement with trade associations, having worked most recently with an association management firm in the Chicago area.
Her skill sets and experience will enable her to develop promotion and marketing materials, while also providing membership and administrative support for meetings, training, and other ACPA activities and programs.
“I’m excited about working at ACPA and am jumping in with both feet,” she says. Outside of ACPA, she includes watching and playing golf among her interests. “I also like all four-legged friends,” she says.
ACPA Deploys as Workshop Season Hits Stride
- Tuesday, 05 February 2019 11:32
With the Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting and World of Concrete behind us, we are now moving into the peak period for ACPA-affiliated Chapter/State workshops, board meetings, and other events.
ACPA engineers are once again supporting the ACPA network by providing important education & training, updates on national association & industry initiatives, and also contributing to tech transfer throughout the concrete pavement community.
Here’s a snapshot of events, dates for the events, locations and planned staff deployments:
- Mid-Atlantic Quality Assurance Workshop, this week, Washington, DC – Eric Fereebee
- Canadian Concrete Expo, this week, Toronto – Eric Ferrebee
- ICPA 55th Annual Concrete Paving Workshop, this week, Des Moines – Jerry Voigt, Larry Scofield
- South Dakota Chapter Workshop & Board Mtg, Deadwood, Feb. 11-12 – Leif Wathne
- WCPA Annual Concrete Pavement Workshop, Oshkosh, Feb. 13 – 15 – Jerry Voigt, Eric Ferrebee
- Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter: Concrete Pavement for Streets and Local Roads Workshop, Duncan, Feb. 20 – Jerry Voigt
- Utah Chapter Concrete Paving Workshop, Salt Lake City, Feb. 20 – Leif Wathne
- 2019 Indiana Concrete Pavement Workshop & Awards Program, Feb. 20-21. Indianapolis – Gary Mitchell
- 21st Annual Pennsylvania Concrete Conference, Harrisburg, Feb. 20-21 – Jerry Voigt, Eric Ferrebee
- MO/KS Chapter 38th Annual Portland Cement Concrete Pavement Conference, Kansas City, MO, Feb. 25-27 – Jerry Voigt
- AASHTO Washington Briefing, Washington, DC, Feb 26-March 1 – Leif Wathne
For details, including registration information, please check ACPA’s web calendar, which may be found at the bottom of our home page at www.acpa.org.
NACA Sponsors Congressional Meet & Greet
- Wednesday, 30 January 2019 12:55
The North American Concrete Alliance (NACA) held a “Meet and Greet” Monday afternoon. The event provided an opportunity to welcome Members of the 116th Congress and for concrete industry representatives to visit informally with new and returning Members and staffers. The list of Representatives who attended the function include:
- Brian Babin (R-TX-36)
- Mike Bost (R-IL-12)
- Tim Burchett (R-TN-2)
- Rodney Davis (R-IL-13)
- Mike Gallagher (R-WI-8)
- David Joyce (R-OH-14)
- Rick Larsen (D-WA-2)
- Daniel Lipinski (D-IL-3)
- Carol Miller (R-WV-3)
- Scott Perry (R-PA-4)
- Lloyd Smucker (R-PA-16)
- Ross Spano (R-FL-15)
- Pete Stauber (R-MN-8)
- Steve Watkins (R-KS-2)
- Daniel Webster (R-FL-11)
- Rob Woodall (R-GA-7)
To see more news and events from NACA, follow this link. Interested in other government affairs news? Follow this link to see ACPA’s government affairs repository.
* The North American Concrete Alliance is a coalition of 12 concrete-related associations formed in 2004 for the purpose of addressing industry-wide concerns & initiatives in the areas of research, safety, education, and government affairs. The coalition is comprised of the American Concrete Pavement Association, American Concrete Pipe Association, American Concrete Pressure Pipe Association, American Concrete Pumping Association, Concrete Foundations Association, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute, National Concrete Masonry Association, National Precast Concrete Association, National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Portland Cement Association, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, and Tilt-Up Concrete Association.