ACPA Presents Concrete Pavement Jointing Training
- Wednesday, 06 May 2020 10:34
ACPA partnered with the Florida Chapter to present an hour-long training session for Florida DOT officials, engineers, consultants and others with an interest in quality concrete pavement construction.
The webinar focused on concrete pavement jointing, with Eric Ferrebee and Mark Snyder each presenting information to close to 60 professionals.
Eric covered topics such as why we joint concrete pavements, types of joints, joint spacing and aspect ratio, and joint layout for intersections. Mark covered dowel and tie-bar design considerations, construction details and joint construction consideration.
Technical resources and other information, including access to existing recorded webinars were also provided to attendees. This session and the resources offered were provided as a substitute for in-person workshops, which because of COVID-19, were no longer feasible.
At the end of the webinar Eric and Mark offered a Q&A session, which lasted close to 30 minutes. ACPA and the Florida Chapter are tentatively planning in-person training on the topic later this year.
ACPA Accepting Excellence Awards Nominations
- Tuesday, 05 May 2020 13:38
ACPA is reminding members, affiliates and others that we are accepting submittals for the 31st annual “Excellence in Concrete Pavement” awards for projects completed in the calendar year 2019.
Our final deadline for submittals and edits is Friday, July 3, 2020.
Members who previously submitted an award-winning project to an ACPA Chapter/State association using our online system do not need to resubmit for the national program. Your submittal details will be automatically carried-over and entered-into the national program. Incidentally, about 40 projects are currently in the system.
To submit your project for award consideration or to view complete program details, including eligibility requirements, please click here. Editing an existing project is optional for projects in the system.
Award winners will receive an invite to attend the 31st Annual Excellence in Concrete Pavement Awards Banquet on Thursday, December 3rd at the OMNI Nashville Hotel. The banquet will be held during the ACPA 57th Annual Meeting.
PCA and NRMCA Offer Web Training
- Monday, 04 May 2020 14:01
In addition to web-based training being offered by the CPTech Center, PCA and NRMCA are offering a variety of webinars at no cost to industry and agency professionals.
Course offerings follow below. Please note all times are expressed in Central Daylight Time. Also, please confirm dates, times and details for these and other course offerings on the PCA and NRMCA websites prior to registering.
- (NRMCA) Concrete Street and Parking Lot Maintenance and Repair – May 07, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (Central). Register here
- (PCA) Paving Committee Monthly Promotion Webinar – May 08, Noon to 1 p.m. Link to join GotoMeeting session (just prior to noon).
- (PCA) Cement Stabilized Subgrade Soils – May 13, 10:00 a.m. to 11 a.m. (Central). Register here
- (NRMCA) Concrete Overlays of Existing Asphalt Surfaced Streets and Parking Lots – May 14, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (Central). Register here
- (PCA) Roller Compacted Concrete for Dams – May 20, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (Central). Register here
- (NRMCA) Concrete Trail Design – May 21, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (Central). Register here
- (PCA) Portland-Limestone Cement – May 27, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (Central). Register here
- (NRMCA) Designing Pervious Concrete – May 28, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (Central). Register here
- (PCA) Design of Full-Depth Reclamation Pavements – June 3, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. (Central). Register here
- (NRMCA) Specifying Pervious Concrete – June 4, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (Central). Register here
- (NRMCA) Installing Pervious Concrete. June 11, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (Central). Register here
- (NRMCA) Maintenance Guidelines for Pervious Concrete – June 18, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (Central). Register here
Professors’ Seminar to be Recast
- Monday, 04 May 2020 13:28
ACI announced late last week the in-person Professors’ Seminar will not be held this year, but is expected to return to ACI Headquarters in the summer of 2021.
Organizers are currently exploring options to deliver the workshop effectively in a virtual format that addresses the unique needs of the current environment, according to ACI.
The Professors’ Seminar is a long-standing training program that provides university professors with training, educational resources for students, and information that can easily be adapted and used as formal university curricula. ACPA supports the program with subject matter experts and free resources for professors and students. Look for additional details in a future issue of ACPA TODAY.