The deadline to submit a project for ACPA’s 2014 “Excellence in Concrete Pavement” awards program is August 1.
For those interested in submitting a project, please follow this link to access the online awards submittal system. Submittal forms must be fully completed online for consideration in the ACPA National awards program. If requested information does not apply to your specific project, please indicate so in the submittal. Projects submitted must have been completed in calendar year 2013. Anyone submitting an award nomination is encouraged to read carefully the eligibility requirements and additional information found online.
Persons submitting awards are reminded that if they used the ACPA website to submit a project for a local Chapter/State paving awards program and won, their submission will be automatically transferred and available to edit until the deadline. There is no need to re-create the entry.
Changes for 2014 Program
Several important changes have been implemented for 2014. They include:
- Two new award categories (Roller Compacted Concrete-Industrial and Roller Compacted Concrete-Special Application).
- One award winner within the CPR category and the two new RCC categories described above.
- Two award winners (gold/silver) within all other categories.
- No co-award winners. Judges will break all ties.
- Award winners will be notified by email and letter prior to our awards banquet; however, the award level (gold or silver) will be announced for the first time at the awards banquet.
About the Excellence in Concrete Pavement Awards Program
For a quarter century, the ACPA Annual Awards for Excellence in Concrete Pavement have honored quality concrete pavements constructed in the United States and Canada. The awards program encourages high-quality workmanship in every concrete pavement project and serves as a forum for sharing information about highly successful projects.
The awards program recognizes contractors, engineers, and project owners who completed outstanding projects. Winning an Award for Excellence in Concrete Pavement provides the contractors, engineers, and owners with a level of prestige that can assist them in the development of future projects.