Associations to Exhibit Jointly at World of Concrete
- Thursday, 10 January 2019 05:03
For the first time ever, ACPA, PCA, and IGGA will exhibit jointly at World of Concrete (WOC) in Las Vegas.
The three associations worked together to co-develop exhibit materials that were designed around concrete pavements, geotechnical markets, and pavement preservation.
The three associations encourage all members and WOC attendees to visit the combined booth, which may be found in the same Central Hall location as last year. (The formal booth numbers are C4227/C4236/C4328.)
World of Concrete activities begin with education & training tracks on Monday, January 21. The trade show floor opens at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 22. Exhibit floor hours are open to attendees 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Tues. through Thurs. (Jan. 22 through 24), and 9:00 a.m. to Noon on Friday (Jan. 25).
ACPA to Offer Courses at WOC 2019
- Thursday, 10 January 2019 04:18
ACPA is offering three “industry” training courses at World of Concrete, which begins Jan. 21. The three courses include:
- Smooth Concrete Pavements (Course ACPAMO) – Mon, Jan. 21 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Joint Design, Construction & Sealing (Course ACPAWE) – Wed, Jan. 23 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., and
- Designing Concrete Pavements, featuring PavementDesigner.org, (Course ACPATH) – Thurs., Jan. 24, 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Click here to view a PDF with the course descriptions. To register for the courses, add them to either your new or existing World of Concrete registration. Need help? Click here for event and training registration.
The three courses will be held in Room N221 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
In related news, today (Jan. 10) is the final day to save $25 on registrations for the world’s largest concrete and masonry trade show. Click here to register using ACPA’s unique code.*
* Some restrictions may apply. Exhibits-only rates are $25 online through January 10, 2019. On-site, the rate is $75 with printed PDF buyer’s invitation or $95 without the invitation.
PCA Webinar to Focus on Industry Alignment, Research and Tech
- Thursday, 10 January 2019 03:49
PCA’s monthly “Paving Webinar” for January will be held tomorrow (Fri.) at 11 a.m. (EST)/ 10 a.m. (CST).
The call this month will feature:
- An overview of PCA, ACPA, and other industry allies alignment initiatives, which are aimed at working more efficiently to promote the benefits of cement and concrete. Presenter: Mike Ireland, PCA.
- The latest from the MIT CSHub and what’s in store for 2019. Presenter: Jeremy Gregory, MIT.
- Research and other activities from the CP Tech Center for 2019. Presenter: Gordon Smith, CP Tech Center.
Click here to register for the Webex/phone event.
Save the Date for NACA’s Annual Fly-In
- Wednesday, 09 January 2019 08:59
The 3rd annual NACA* Cement and Concrete industry fly-in will be held Tues., April 9, through Wed., April 10, at the Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel, 999 9th St NW, Washington, DC .
The first day of the event will include briefings and a cocktail reception/dinner. The second day will include a breakfast and policy panel, small-team Congressional meetings, a lunch briefing, and a Congressional reception honoring 2019 Cement Champions.
NACA is encouraging members and affiliates to save the dates and make plans to attend this important and timely event.
Click here to see the “Save the Date” announcement on the NACA website. Click here to see the agenda. Additional registration and program details will be announced in future issues of ACPA TODAY and will be updated on the NACA website.
* The North American Concrete Alliance is a coalition of 12 concrete-related associations formed in 2004 for the purpose of addressing industry-wide concerns & initiatives in the areas of research, safety, education, and government affairs. The coalition is comprised of the American Concrete Pavement Association, American Concrete Pipe Association, American Concrete Pressure Pipe Association, American Concrete Pumping Association, Concrete Foundations Association, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute, National Concrete Masonry Association, National Precast Concrete Association, National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Portland Cement Association, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, and Tilt-Up Concrete Association.
Interested in other government affairs news? Follow this link to see ACPA’s government affairs repository.