ACPA Chapter executives and staff engineers, along with ACPA Chairman Jim Mack (CEMEX) and members of ACPA national staff met last week in Indianapolis to discuss timely issues and share best practices.
On Wednesday evening, ahead of the formal meeting, the participants had the opportunity to enjoy camaraderie and refreshments during an evening reception (cosponsored by IGGA and the Chapter Committee). The meeting began early Thursday morning with welcoming remarks by 2019 Chapter Chairman Mike Byers.
Presentations and discussions on the Thursday included:
- Optimized Mixtures in Wisconsin – Kevin McMullen
- State of Practice – Dowels & Tie Bars – John Becker
- ACPA/PCA Industry Promotion Plan – Jerry Voigt
- FHWA Stakeholders Meeting – Leif Wathne
- PavementDesigner.org update, including a Google analytics report showing usage of the popular concrete pavement thickness deign portal – Andy Gieraltowski
- Federal Affairs Update – Leif Wathne
- Upcoming Events, including the Midyear Meeting and Change Management Seminar – Jerry Voigt
- CP Tech Center update – Peter Taylor and Gordon Smith
The meeting continued Friday with presentations and discussions covering:
- New FAA P-501 Specification Update – Improvements, Issues – Gary Mitchell
- Condition Rating & Evaluation of General Aviation Airports – Angela Folkestad
- FHWA HMA video review – Larry Scofield
- Pavement Determination & Program Balance Discussions – Greg Mulder
The workshop also included guest presentations by three State DOT officials, who spoke about infrastructure investments in their states. Presenters included: Glenn Engstrom, Minnesota DOT; Rick Miller, Kansas DOT; and David Holtz, Indiana DOT.
The next meeting for the Chapter Committee will be at the 56th ACPA Annual Meeting, scheduled for December 3 through 6 in New Orleans.