ACPA is urging members, chapter affiliates, staff, and others in the industry to urge your Members of Congress and President Trump to support increased infrastructure investment.
ACPA and partners of the North American Concrete Alliance* are leading this effort to emphasize the importance and urgency of legislative action now. Please review the background information below, then click here to act today.
Background Information Here are the important points to consider:
- Despite bipartisan agreement on the importance of federal infrastructure investment, Congress has yet to send a surface reauthorization or infrastructure bill to the President for enactment.
- The Senate EPW Committee last summer passed the bipartisan America’s Transportation Infrastructure Act (S. 2302) to reauthorize the federal-aid highway program for five years, investing $287 billion in roads and bridges.
- Earlier this month, the House of Representatives passed the Moving Forward Act (H.R. 2), a $1.5 trillion package that includes a five-year $319 billion surface transportation reauthorization measure and additional related spending.
- This week, we expect President Donald Trump to tout his administration’s transportation agenda during a campaign event in Atlanta, while Democratic challenger Joe Biden is expected to lay out an updated blueprint of his infrastructure plans.
- While we are pleased that the House of Representatives passed a broad infrastructure package that increases surface transportation funding, it is time for Congress and the Administration to come together and pass bipartisan legislation to reauthorize our surface transportation programs that provide robust investment in infrastructure with a sustainable, long-term funding mechanism for the Highway Trust Fund.
As an industry stakeholder that belongs to the North American Concrete Alliance (NACA), it is important for you to voice your support for a large-scale infrastructure package that addresses our industry’s concerns about the Highway Trust Fund. Please click here to see the letter and act today!
* The North American Concrete Alliance is a coalition of 12 concrete-related associations formed in 2004 for the purpose of addressing industry-wide concerns & initiatives in the areas of research, safety, education, and government affairs. The coalition is comprised of the American Concrete Pavement Association, American Concrete Pipe Association, American Concrete Pressure Pipe Association, American Concrete Pumping Association, Concrete Foundations Association, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute, National Concrete Masonry Association, National Precast Concrete Association, National Ready Mixed Concrete Association
Follow this link to see ACPA’s government affairs repository.