The National Highway Institute (NHI) announced this week the five-part distance learning program, “Constructing Quality PCC Pavement Preservation Treatments.” The comprehensive program was developed under the auspices of the NHI through a cooperative agreement between the FHWA and the CP Tech Center.
ACPA and IGGA were instrumental in providing content for the courses, and we invested significant time and resources, providing information, images, and other support for the project. The online courses include the following topics:
- How to Construct Durable Full-Depth Repairs in Concrete Pavements (FHWA-NHI-134207A)
- How to Construct Durable Partial-Depth Repairs in Concrete Pavements (FHWA-NHI-134207B)
- Proper Diamond Grinding Techniques for Pavement Preservation (FHWA-NHI-134207C)
- Proper Construction Techniques for Dowel Bar Retrofit (DBR) and Cross-Stitching (FHWA-NHI-134207D)
- Proper Joint Sealing Techniques for Pavement Preservation (FHWA-NHI-134207E)
The progam provides a total of 13.5 hours of online learning of pavement preservation methods and technologies. Courses are also available in English and Spanish. Click here to view the course selection and register.