The following is a list of the 2018 SPS-2 Tech Day events. Click on the location for a program, or other links to request details:
- Bismark and Fargo, North Dakota – October 16-17th | Request Details
- Abilene, Kansas – October 2nd-3rd | Request Details
- Pleasant Hill, Iowa – May 30th
- Ritzville, Washington – May 2nd
- Denver, Colorado – March 23rd
- Phoenix, Arizona – Feb. 21st
In 2018, a total of six SPS-2 Preservation Tech Day Events were scheduled throughout the country, as noted above.
At each of these events, a workshop is held to discuss the SPS-2 test sections and their performance to date; an update on current concrete preservation strategies; and a discussion of the national pooled fund experiment to piggy back onto the existing SPS-2 experiment.
Upon conclusion of the workshop, participants review the 18 to 26 year old test sections in the field. The original SPS-2 experiment was established to evaluate five design features: (1) Thickness: 8” & 11”, (2) Flexural Strength: 550 psi & 900 psi, (3) Travel Lane Width: 12’ & 14’, (4) Base Type: Aggregate Base, Lean Concrete Base, & Permeable Asphalt Treated Base, (4) Drainage: drained and undrained.
- Phoenix, AZ
- Denver, CO
- Ritzville, WA
- Pleasant Hill, IA
- Abilene, KS
- Bismark & Fargo, ND
- Construction of the Arizona SPS-2 Test Sections - Mat McNeil
- Concrete Pavement Preservation - Larry Scofield
- Performance of Concrete Pavements - Kevin Senn
- Removing the ARFC from Concrete Pavement - Kevin Robertson
- SPS-2 Preservation Pooled Fund - Jeff Uhlmeyer
- Innovations in Concrete Paving and Dowel Baskets - Glenn Eder