ACPA Opens Annual Meeting Registration
- Wednesday, 21 October 2020 13:54
ACPA is proud to announce the official launch of our virtual 57th Annual Meeting registration website.
Our site capitalizes on the theme, “Essential Every Day!” and the essential nature of infrastructure construction, rehabilitation, and preservation.
Please visit our registration website, which includes an overview of the meeting, the meeting agenda, frequently asked questions (FAQs) about our virtual event, and of course, registration information.
Discover the content and speakers for the key components of our program. Agenda highlights include ACPA Market Forums (scheduled for December 1 and 2), Awards and Recognition (December 3), and our Concrete Pavement University (CPU) Program. CPU content will be available on-demand when the event goes live on December 1 and remain accessible throughout December.
As a reminder, the final day to sponsor the annual meeting and reserve a virtual booth is tomorrow (Thursday, October 22nd).
The rates for the virtual meeting are as follows: Government employee …$29, ACPA member…$79, and non-member…$129. With the content and PDH credits provided for CPU content, we hope you will find this to be a tremendous value and encourage your colleagues to attend.
The site is live now and registration is open to all members, affiliates, technology partners, and other guests. Please register soon!
Finally, look for more information in ACPA TODAY in the weeks ahead, and be sure to see our “3 Minutes on Monday” preview of annual meeting highlights!
Webinar Program Shatters Another Record
- Wednesday, 21 October 2020 13:53
The ACPA/CP Tech Center webinar program reached new heights again this week.
With more than 650 people participating in our webinar on concrete roundabouts yesterday, the program (which debuted in April) has now soared past the 10,000 participant mark.
Our next two webinars for the year follow below. As a reminder, our webinars begin at noon (Central).
- (November 17) Lifecycle Cost Analysis (LCCA) in Pavement Design. Roadbuilding agencies are faced with funding dilemmas and project prioritization every day, a situation further amplified because of COVID-19. LCCA, as part of a Road Network Health initiative, will help agencies build a plan that looks at not only initial costs, but also ongoing costs. Understanding what the true project ROI is critical to maximizing efficiencies of every funding dollar and this webinar explains how LCCA can help support project planning. (Our presenters are Jeremy Gregory of the MIT Concrete Sustainability Hub and Leif Wathne of ACPA.)
- (December 15) Concrete Pavement Thickness Design and Slab Geometry. Many factors are considered when designing pavements for highways, intersections, roundabouts and bus stops. Learn about how DOT’s and municipalities take complex challenges and turn them into applicable solutions. (Presenters TBA.)
Click here to register for the upcoming webinars.
ACPA Participates in Roundtable with House Ways and Means Committee Chair
- Wednesday, 21 October 2020 12:55
ACPA last week participated in an AHUA-hosted Congressional Roundtable with House Ways & Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal (D-MA) and the Highway Users’ board of directors.
Chairman Neal presented an update on the latest developments with federal-aid highway reauthorization and funding. Rep. Neal also provided insights into the future of COVID relief legislation.
ACPA’s Leif Wathne, who co-Chairs the Highway Users’ Policy and Government Affairs Committee, participated in the virtual meeting.
Photo caption: House Ways & Means Chairman Richard Neal discusses highway reauthorization with AHUA Board Members (top inset) during a virtual conference last week. (Credit: AHUA)
Follow this link to see ACPA’s government affairs repository.
What You May Have Missed on Monday
- Wednesday, 21 October 2020 11:18
During your busy month, have you had time to see ACPA’s two most recent “3 Minutes on Monday” vlogs?
Here are links to the two previous weekly updates:
Links to our signature video messages are emailed to all ACPA members, staff, and chapters on Monday mornings, usually around 8 a.m. (Eastern). If you’re not receiving the video links, please contact Bill Davenport at email@example.com or 847.423.8703.
You can also view the complete playlist on our YouTube channel. Be sure to subscribe at @ConcretePavements and to check out “3 Minutes on Monday.”
Update on ACPA’s RT&I Committee
- Wednesday, 21 October 2020 11:02
ACPA’s RT&I Committee’s Task Force Leaders met with the Chair and Co-Chair recently to discuss conducting periodic webinars to showcase emerging technologies. The first such webinar is scheduled for mid-November.
The task force leaders also provided updates on their activities and discussions on the various approaches to those activities. Additional details about the webinar will be announced soon.