Highlights of the CP Road Map
- Tuesday, 19 March 2019 06:53
The latest news about the long-term plan for the Concrete Pavement Research and Technology, also called the CP Road Map, includes some excellent updates. Here are two that caught our attention:
- The publication of a research report called, “Reliable Early Opening Strength for Concrete Pavements and Patch Work,” which presents results of study by the Louisiana Transportation Research Center. The research evaluated jointed plain concrete pavement performance in relation to dowel bar alignment using the new MIT-SCAN2-BT technology.
- The CP Tech Center has published a comprehensive report called “Technology Transfer of Concrete Pavement Technologies,” which summarizes the accomplishments asssociated with the cooperative agreement between the center and the FHWA over the past five years. The goal of this project was to help bring the latest concrete pavement innovations, knowledge, and technologies to state transportation agencies in support of the Accelerated Implementation and Deployment of Pavement Technologies (AID-PT)* program goals. The cooperative agreement was a direct result of ACPA’s ongoing advocacy efforts, which not only led to the vision and direction of AID-PT, as well as benefits to the concrete pavement community.
These and other reports may be found in the current issue of CP Road Map E-News, produced by Dale Harrington and Sabrina Shields-Cook.
* AID-PT was the result of a legislative provision championed by ACPA and included in both the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act (MAP 21) and more recently, the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST Act), signed into law in December 2015. AID-PT created both a mechanism and funding for the delivery of pavement technology for both the concrete- and asphalt-pavement industries. Since its inception, the program has resulted in benefits to the concrete pavement community, including other contracts and cooperative agreements with CP Tech Center, an ACPA Technology Partner.
Video Shows Benefits of Concrete Pavements
- Monday, 25 February 2019 19:12
A three-minute video provides a captivating glimpse of concrete pavements and presents some of benefits they provide to people and societies.
EUPAVE produced the video* and granted permission to ACPA to cobrand and rebroadcast it.
With powerful images, an uplifting musical track, and a few copy points, the video shows compelling examples of how concrete pavements enhance lives and impart societal benefits now and for the future. Click here to enjoy the video.
* Created by Global Concept Consulting, Brussels.
ACPA Welcomes Donna Antonacci
- Tuesday, 05 February 2019 11:52
ACPA is pleased to announce the addition of Donna Antonacci as the Association’s Member & Marketing Assistant. Donna brings a wealth of marketing experience and involvement with trade associations, having worked most recently with an association management firm in the Chicago area.
Her skill sets and experience will enable her to develop promotion and marketing materials, while also providing membership and administrative support for meetings, training, and other ACPA activities and programs.
“I’m excited about working at ACPA and am jumping in with both feet,” she says. Outside of ACPA, she includes watching and playing golf among her interests. “I also like all four-legged friends,” she says.
A Snapshot from World of Concrete
- Tuesday, 22 January 2019 17:14
ACPA, PCA, and IGGA combined forces and created a commanding presence at World of Concrete.
For the first time ever, the three associations exhibited in the same exhibit space, using a common theme and a bold, 3-panel display that conveys the resources and solutions the three associations offer to the transportation-construction community.
At this writing, there are still 2-1/2 more days of the annual concrete & masonry show. The Associations invite members and other guests to stop by and visit. The booth numbers are C4226-4228 (just a few steps inside from the north entrances to the central hall) at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Ready? Set? Let’s Go!
- Wednesday, 16 January 2019 05:30
The beginning of the new year marked the beginning of a full docket of industry meetings and events. Here’s a preview of just a few of the meetings & events ACPA staff is involved with in the first few weeks of this year:
- Jan. 13-17 – Transportation Research Board (and related meetings): Jerry Voigt, Leif Wathne, Gary Mitchell, Eric Ferrebee, and Larry Scofield
- Jan. 21-25 – World of Concrete (and related training events): Jerry Voigt, Bill Davenport, Eric Ferrebee, and Larry Scofield
- Jan. 31-Feb. 1 – Illinois Chapter and IRMCA Workshop & Mtg. – (TBD)
- Feb. 6-8 – Iowa Concrete Paving Assn. Workshop & Mtg.: Jerry Voigt
- Feb. 11-12 – South Dakota Chapter Workshop & Mtg: Jerry Voigt
- Feb. 13-15 – Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association Workshop & Mtg.: Jerry Voigt and Eric Ferrebee
- Feb. 19 – Indiana Chapter Workshop: Gary Mitchell
- Feb. 19-20 – Pennsylvania Concrete Pavement Conference & Mtg.: Jerry Voigt and Eric Ferrebee
- Feb. 20-22 – ACC/AAAE Meeting: Gary Mitchell
- Feb. 25-27 – Missouri/Kansas Chapter Workshop & Mtg.: Jerry Voigt
- Feb. 26-28 – FAA REDAC Mtg.: Gary Mitchell
- Feb. 26-Mar. 1 – AASHTO Washington Briefing: Leif Wathne
- Feb. 28-Mar 1 – Virginia Concrete Conference: Leif Wathne
In addition to ACPA staff, ACPA Chairman Jim Mack is also planning to attend several industry meetings & events in the first quarter. These include TRB, World of Concrete, and meetings and workshops hosted by the Pennsylvania and Missouri/Kansas chapters. Please note, times and deployments are subject to change. Be sure to check upcoming issues of ACPA TODAY for details and highlights of many of these and other upcoming events.