It’s What We Do
- Monday, 09 December 2019 09:59
Our story is about concrete pavement construction, rehabilitation and restoration … but the story is about so much more.
Click on the video player above to view online.
Click here to view it on YouTube.
(NEW) Click here to request the 3 min., 43 sec. video (MP4).
(NEW) Click here to request the 2 min., 20 sec. video (MP4).
Music credit: “Fanfare for the Common Man,” (C) WMG on behalf of BMG Rights Management LLC.) ACPA is an ASCAP license holder.
ACPA Offers Course on Constructing Smooth Concrete Pavements
- Thursday, 28 September 2017 19:13
World of Concrete Exclusive: ACPA Constructing Smooth Concrete Pavements: Tips, Techniques & State of the Art Equipment
Course Code: ACPAMO
Date/Time: Monday, January 22 | 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Location: LVCC North Hall
Register online and select courses prior to checkout. (You can also select courses if you’ve previously registered.)
This 3.5-hour comprehensive training session will be presented by leading authorities on the topic of concrete pavement smoothness, equipment automation and instruments.
Together, our subject matter experts will discuss equipment, instruments and technologies being used to construct smooth concrete pavements. This training is a must for contractors of all sizes and experience levels. Project and construction managers, estimators, equipment managers and quality managers, as well as civil, geotechnical and pavement engineers will benefit from learning about the latest developments This course includes four unique modules:
- Avoiding the Rough Stuff—brief overview to gain better understanding of roughness, why smooth pavements are so important, and how a slipform paver works
- Smoothness Begins with the Concrete Mixture—creating a good slipform mixture and evaluating essential attributes of the concrete mixture with new tests & technology
- Construction Factors a Contractor Must Consider—details for building smooth pavements including set-up, operation, grade preparation, control-charting, etc.
- How Equipment & Instruments are Making Smooth Pavements Smoother—stringless paving, real-time smoothness equipment, lightweight profilers for measuring smoothness, evaluating profiles software, magnetic topography for dowel location, and other equipment used to achieve smoothness in concrete paving operations
The program also will allow time for questions and answers as well as discussion of other emerging technologies impacting concrete pavement smoothness.
Want to save more?
The fee for this program is $160, but you can save morewhen purchasing two or more ACPA Pavement sessions! Click here to see our other industry course offerings on Wednesday and Thursday at WOC 2018. Two courses = $280 ($40 savings); all three courses= $400 ($80 savings).
Register for World of Concrete today!