NACA Website Addresses Timely, Weighty Topics
- Wednesday, 21 November 2018 08:20
The North American Concrete Alliance* (NACA) has launched a website provides a wealth of government affairs-related information and resources for the broader concrete industry.
NACA is focused on addressing industry-wide legislative and policy related concerns & initiatives in the areas of infrastructure investment, research, safety and education.
ACPA and the other NACA partners encourage you to visit the site and explore the content. The site features information and links to help you take action on the following topics:
• Resiliency & Sustainability
• Workforce Development
• Environmental & Regulatory Reform
• Health & Safety
NACA encourages all members to connect, stay informed, and take action. Please spread the word in your company and organization and encourage others to visit and bookmark this website. As the concrete industry associations address legislative and regulatory matters that have a direct impact on you and your business, this website will serve as a vital communications and grassroots advocacy link.
Click here to visit the website. Also, please share this post and this informative PDF flyer with your colleagues!
* The North American Concrete Alliance is a coalition of 12 concrete-related associations formed in 2004 for the purpose of addressing industry-wide concerns & initiatives in the areas of research, safety, education, and government affairs. The coalition is comprised of the American Concrete Pavement Association, American Concrete Pipe Association, American Concrete Pressure Pipe Association, American Concrete Pumping Association, Concrete Foundations Association, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute, National Concrete Masonry Association, National Precast Concrete Association, National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Portland Cement Association, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, and Tilt-Up Concrete Association.
Interested in other government affairs news? Follow this link to see ACPA’s government affairs repository.
NACA Partners Map Strategies, Communications
- Monday, 30 July 2018 22:55
Government affairs representatives of the associations comprising the North American Concrete Alliance met in Washington, DC, on July 27.
The primary focus of discussion related to infrastructure investment and the recent “discussion” draft introduced by T&I Committee Chairman Bill Shuster (R-PA-9) last week. Discussions also touched on ongoing efforts to develop a NACA website to communicate the group’s legislative and policy priorities with legislators, regulators and members. The group anticipates launching the NACA website by the end of August.
“The associations continue to coordinate and collaborate actively on topics of strategic interest to all our members,” says Leif Wathne, who represented ACPA members at the meeting.
“We’re making good progress,” he says, adding, “The group’s broad and varied expertise represents significant value to our collective memberships.
“Together, the NACA partners represent a formidable force in the transportation-construction industry, and our industry’s government affairs posture will be expressed prominently via the website and related communications,” he says. A related topic was coordinating fundraising and other PAC activities to provide an even greater presence among lawmakers.
* NACA is comprised of the American Concrete Pavement Association, American Concrete Pipe Association, American Concrete Pressure Pipe Association, American Concrete Pumping Association, Concrete Reinforcing Steel Institute, National Concrete Masonry Association, National Precast Concrete Association, National Ready Mixed Concrete Association, Portland Cement Association, Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute, and Tilt-Up Concrete Association.