Chapter Events Set the Gold Standard
- Tuesday, 26 February 2019 09:51
Throughout the year, ACPA-affiliated Chapters hold workshops, conferences, and other events that provide members, agencies/owners, consultants and others with tremendous opportunities to learn more about the best practices, new resources, emerging technologies, developing trends, and more.
Beginning with this issue of ACPA TODAY, we are including a few highlights of these events. Our goal is to provide insights into the major topics discussed, while also sharing other details, including the innovative and creative things the Chapter executives and staff are doing to make these events even more valuable to attendees and guests.
As you read their stories, please consider that registration totals can be impacted by travel policies, weather, and a number of other factors. The real story about the attendees is that Chapters are drawing the ‘A-list’ of customers, members, and other stakeholders who are not only important to the success of the event, but to the concrete pavement industry throughout the United States.
Our reports are in order of information received, so given the workloads and schedules of the chapter executives and staff, the events are not in chronological order. Click the links below to see the stories about the great work ACPA Chapters are doing. Also, don’t miss additional stories in future issues of ACPA TODAY.
ACPA Deploys as Workshop Season Hits Stride
- Tuesday, 05 February 2019 11:32
With the Transportation Research Board Annual Meeting and World of Concrete behind us, we are now moving into the peak period for ACPA-affiliated Chapter/State workshops, board meetings, and other events.
ACPA engineers are once again supporting the ACPA network by providing important education & training, updates on national association & industry initiatives, and also contributing to tech transfer throughout the concrete pavement community.
Here’s a snapshot of events, dates for the events, locations and planned staff deployments:
- Mid-Atlantic Quality Assurance Workshop, this week, Washington, DC – Eric Fereebee
- Canadian Concrete Expo, this week, Toronto – Eric Ferrebee
- ICPA 55th Annual Concrete Paving Workshop, this week, Des Moines – Jerry Voigt, Larry Scofield
- South Dakota Chapter Workshop & Board Mtg, Deadwood, Feb. 11-12 – Leif Wathne
- WCPA Annual Concrete Pavement Workshop, Oshkosh, Feb. 13 – 15 – Jerry Voigt, Eric Ferrebee
- Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter: Concrete Pavement for Streets and Local Roads Workshop, Duncan, Feb. 20 – Jerry Voigt
- Utah Chapter Concrete Paving Workshop, Salt Lake City, Feb. 20 – Leif Wathne
- 2019 Indiana Concrete Pavement Workshop & Awards Program, Feb. 20-21. Indianapolis – Gary Mitchell
- 21st Annual Pennsylvania Concrete Conference, Harrisburg, Feb. 20-21 – Jerry Voigt, Eric Ferrebee
- MO/KS Chapter 38th Annual Portland Cement Concrete Pavement Conference, Kansas City, MO, Feb. 25-27 – Jerry Voigt
- AASHTO Washington Briefing, Washington, DC, Feb 26-March 1 – Leif Wathne
For details, including registration information, please check ACPA’s web calendar, which may be found at the bottom of our home page at www.acpa.org.