ACPA had a commanding presence at World of Concrete 2017, thanks to a steady stream of booth visitors and a large number of people who participated in five education and tech transfer tracks–in all, 15 hours of training–by the association.
- An industry training course on “Achieving High-Quality Roller Compacted Concrete,” presented by Corey Zollinger, Cemex; Chris Carwie, AG Peltz; and Fares Abdo, Morgan Corp.
- Two industry training events covering smooth concrete pavements (by ACPA’s Jerry Voigt) and an overview of ACPA and the concrete pavement industry (by Jerry Voigt and Eric Ferrebee).
- A training seminar on locating joints properly by Jerry Voigt, along with a hands-on workshop on jointing, which he and Ferrebee presented.
- At ACPA’s booth on the show floor, ACPA Chairperson Lori Tiefenthaler (Lehigh Cement, Inc.), met with many of the more than 200 visitors who stopped by the booth during the week. (Tiefenthaler also visited with many ACPA members at their respective booths during the week.) ACPA member Gerard Moulzolf, P.E., American Engineering Testing, along with Steve Davis, Georgia Concrete Pavement Association, joined forces with ACPA’s Jerry Voigt, Eric Ferrebee, Bill Davenport to talk about concrete paving and pavements with booth visitors, as well.
- Chairperson Tiefenthaler, along with Davenport, also participated in video interviews by Roger Mann, Construction News Tracker Chief Correspondent, for the popular video series produced by the publisher of Concrete Contractor and Equipment Today magazines, and the ForConstructionPros website.
- Chairperson Tiefenthaler, as well as ACPA’s Voigt and Davenport, also participated in a press conference to discuss market conditions and expectations, as well as two new programs, ACPA’s Interns for the Future program and the ACPA Emerging Leaders Group. Both programs are aimed at increasing both the diversity and level of participation at the national and regional/state levels.
In all, World of Concrete was considered one of the most successful in the 40 years ACPA has served as a co-sponsor.