Welcome to the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee page. This page contains news and current events related to the federal advocacy efforts of ACPA, along with transportation-construction allies and coalition partners.
On this page, you will also find information about the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee, along with some resources that may help with your federal and local advocacy efforts.
Please check this page often for public affairs news, current events, and other developments, which occur regularly. These events have a direct impact on the surface transportation construction industry, and equally important, on your business!
Position Papers (ACPA’s Perspectives provide the Association’s views and other information on timely and timeless topics) Check out the full assortment of these documents by clicking here.
About the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee
- ACPA Forms Legislative Issues Committee (June 23, 2017) – Announcement of transition from Legislative Issues Task Force to full committee.
- New Chairs Announced at ACPA Meeting (June 29, 2017) – Announcement of LIC and other new ACPA volunteer leaders.
- Read more about the ACPA Legislative Issues Committee.
- Learn how to become a member of the Legislative Issues Committee (by completing an Advocacy Interest Membership form).
- The ABC’s of How to Petition Government
- Find your U.S. Senators and Representatives’ contact information
- Search for current (draft) and past legislation (Congress.gov site)
- Search for current and past legislation (Library of Congress/Thomas)
- Simple glossary of words and phrases used in Congress
- Advanced glossary of Congressional words and phrases (U.S. Senate version)
- Advanced glossary of Congressional words and phrases (U.S. House version)
- Official, searchable database of Senators and Representatives (past and present)