ACPA Reception Takes Center Stage at TRB Week
- Wednesday, 16 January 2019 08:52
Heavy snow and the government shutdown in Washington, DC, did not slow the steady stream of guests who enjoyed the always popular ACPA reception during the Transportation Research Board’s 98th annual meeting.
ACPA Chairman Jim Mack (CEMEX) welcomed hundreds of guests Monday night as they enjoyed refreshments, appetizers, and the fellowship of other professionals at the event, which was once again held at the historic Willard InterContinental Hotel.
The guests represented Congress, Federal and State transportation agencies, research and technology interests, the cement & concrete industry, academia, and the media. Jerry Voigt, Leif Wathne, Eric Ferrebee, and Larry Scofield also were on hand to greet and visit with the guests.
The reception is an ideal opportunity for ACPA to express thanks and appreciation to the diverse group of people whose common bond is the dedication to the advancement of transportation through research and technology development and implementation.
The reception also provides an excellent opportunity for informal discussions among new acquaintances and old friends.
This special event is extremely popular with TRB attendees, and it is possible because of the generous support from ACPA sponsors. Please follow this link to see the sponsors.
Ready? Set? Let’s Go!
- Wednesday, 16 January 2019 05:30
The beginning of the new year marked the beginning of a full docket of industry meetings and events. Here’s a preview of just a few of the meetings & events ACPA staff is involved with in the first few weeks of this year:
- Jan. 13-17 – Transportation Research Board (and related meetings): Jerry Voigt, Leif Wathne, Gary Mitchell, Eric Ferrebee, and Larry Scofield
- Jan. 21-25 – World of Concrete (and related training events): Jerry Voigt, Bill Davenport, Eric Ferrebee, and Larry Scofield
- Jan. 31-Feb. 1 – Illinois Chapter and IRMCA Workshop & Mtg. – (TBD)
- Feb. 6-8 – Iowa Concrete Paving Assn. Workshop & Mtg.: Jerry Voigt
- Feb. 11-12 – South Dakota Chapter Workshop & Mtg: Jerry Voigt
- Feb. 13-15 – Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association Workshop & Mtg.: Jerry Voigt and Eric Ferrebee
- Feb. 19 – Indiana Chapter Workshop: Gary Mitchell
- Feb. 19-20 – Pennsylvania Concrete Pavement Conference & Mtg.: Jerry Voigt and Eric Ferrebee
- Feb. 20-22 – ACC/AAAE Meeting: Gary Mitchell
- Feb. 25-27 – Missouri/Kansas Chapter Workshop & Mtg.: Jerry Voigt
- Feb. 26-28 – FAA REDAC Mtg.: Gary Mitchell
- Feb. 26-Mar. 1 – AASHTO Washington Briefing: Leif Wathne
- Feb. 28-Mar 1 – Virginia Concrete Conference: Leif Wathne
In addition to ACPA staff, ACPA Chairman Jim Mack is also planning to attend several industry meetings & events in the first quarter. These include TRB, World of Concrete, and meetings and workshops hosted by the Pennsylvania and Missouri/Kansas chapters. Please note, times and deployments are subject to change. Be sure to check upcoming issues of ACPA TODAY for details and highlights of many of these and other upcoming events.
Don’t Miss Important Meetings and Events
- Wednesday, 16 January 2019 04:44
Where can you find the latest industry and association events can be found on ACPA’s web calendar, which is on the ACPA home page. Look for the calendar on the lower right of the home page at www.acpa.org.
As you scroll from one month to the next, please note that only a few of the events are listed below the calendar. To find additional meetings and events each month, look for blue text with gray dots below the date to find additional meetings and events scheduled for 2019 and beyond!
Did we miss your workshop, meeting, or other important event? If so, please contact Bill Davenport (firstname.lastname@example.org or 847.423.8703).
ACPA Seeking VP of Promotion
- Thursday, 10 January 2019 05:31
ACPA is seeking a Vice President of Promotion to direct the planning and strategizing of national programs to improve market share of concrete pavement.
This is a new position, approved by the ACPA Board of Directors and created as part of the re-alignment with PCA described in ACPA’s 2018 Annual Report (see pages 15 & 16).
The position description and application link may be found online on Indeed.com, said to be the number one job posting site in the world. Click here to view the complete ad .
Associations to Exhibit Jointly at World of Concrete
- Thursday, 10 January 2019 05:03
For the first time ever, ACPA, PCA, and IGGA will exhibit jointly at World of Concrete (WOC) in Las Vegas.
The three associations worked together to co-develop exhibit materials that were designed around concrete pavements, geotechnical markets, and pavement preservation.
The three associations encourage all members and WOC attendees to visit the combined booth, which may be found in the same Central Hall location as last year. (The formal booth numbers are C4227/C4236/C4328.)
World of Concrete activities begin with education & training tracks on Monday, January 21. The trade show floor opens at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 22. Exhibit floor hours are open to attendees 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Tues. through Thurs. (Jan. 22 through 24), and 9:00 a.m. to Noon on Friday (Jan. 25).