2019 ACPA/TRB Reception Sponsors
- Wednesday, 16 January 2019 11:56
ACPA gratefully acknowledges and thanks the sponsors of the 2019 ACPA/TRB Reception:
- ACPA, Pennsylvania Chapter
- American Engineering Testing, Inc.
- Applied Pavement Technology
- Applied Research Associates
- Cedar Valley Corp., LLC.
- Cement Council of Texas
- Concrete & Aggregates Association of Louisiana (Louisiana Chapter-ACPA)
- Continental Cement Company
- Duit Construction Co., Inc.
- FORTA Corporation
- GCP Applied Technologies
- Golden Triangle Construction
- Guntert & Zimmerman
- Indiana Chapter-ACPA
- Iowa Concrete Pavement Association
- Koss Construction Co.
- Lehigh Hanson, Inc. (Heidelberg Cement Group)
- Missouri/Kansas Chapter-ACPA
- NCE (Nichols Consulting Engineers Chtd.)
- North Dakota Chapter-ACPA
- Oklahoma/Arkansas Chapter-ACPA
- Portland Cement Association
- Power Curbers / Power Pavers
- RexCon (ASTEC Industries)
- Southeast Chapter-ACPAA
- The Fort Miller Group
- The Transtec Group
- Wirtgen Group
- Wisconsin Concrete Pavement Association
ACPA Reception Takes Center Stage at TRB Week
- Wednesday, 16 January 2019 08:52
Heavy snow and the government shutdown in Washington, DC, did not slow the steady stream of guests who enjoyed the always popular ACPA reception during the Transportation Research Board’s 98th annual meeting.
ACPA Chairman Jim Mack (CEMEX) welcomed hundreds of guests Monday night as they enjoyed refreshments, appetizers, and the fellowship of other professionals at the event, which was once again held at the historic Willard InterContinental Hotel.
The guests represented Congress, Federal and State transportation agencies, research and technology interests, the cement & concrete industry, academia, and the media. Jerry Voigt, Leif Wathne, Eric Ferrebee, and Larry Scofield also were on hand to greet and visit with the guests.
The reception is an ideal opportunity for ACPA to express thanks and appreciation to the diverse group of people whose common bond is the dedication to the advancement of transportation through research and technology development and implementation.
The reception also provides an excellent opportunity for informal discussions among new acquaintances and old friends.
This special event is extremely popular with TRB attendees, and it is possible because of the generous support from ACPA sponsors. Please follow this link to see the sponsors.
Associations to Exhibit Jointly at World of Concrete
- Thursday, 10 January 2019 05:03
For the first time ever, ACPA, PCA, and IGGA will exhibit jointly at World of Concrete (WOC) in Las Vegas.
The three associations worked together to co-develop exhibit materials that were designed around concrete pavements, geotechnical markets, and pavement preservation.
The three associations encourage all members and WOC attendees to visit the combined booth, which may be found in the same Central Hall location as last year. (The formal booth numbers are C4227/C4236/C4328.)
World of Concrete activities begin with education & training tracks on Monday, January 21. The trade show floor opens at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 22. Exhibit floor hours are open to attendees 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. on Tues. through Thurs. (Jan. 22 through 24), and 9:00 a.m. to Noon on Friday (Jan. 25).
ACPA to Offer Courses at WOC 2019
- Thursday, 10 January 2019 04:18
ACPA is offering three “industry” training courses at World of Concrete, which begins Jan. 21. The three courses include:
- Smooth Concrete Pavements (Course ACPAMO) – Mon, Jan. 21 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Joint Design, Construction & Sealing (Course ACPAWE) – Wed, Jan. 23 from 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., and
- Designing Concrete Pavements, featuring PavementDesigner.org, (Course ACPATH) – Thurs., Jan. 24, 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Click here to view a PDF with the course descriptions. To register for the courses, add them to either your new or existing World of Concrete registration. Need help? Click here for event and training registration.
The three courses will be held in Room N221 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
In related news, today (Jan. 10) is the final day to save $25 on registrations for the world’s largest concrete and masonry trade show. Click here to register using ACPA’s unique code.*
* Some restrictions may apply. Exhibits-only rates are $25 online through January 10, 2019. On-site, the rate is $75 with printed PDF buyer’s invitation or $95 without the invitation.
PCA Webinar to Focus on Industry Alignment, Research and Tech
- Thursday, 10 January 2019 03:49
PCA’s monthly “Paving Webinar” for January will be held tomorrow (Fri.) at 11 a.m. (EST)/ 10 a.m. (CST).
The call this month will feature:
- An overview of PCA, ACPA, and other industry allies alignment initiatives, which are aimed at working more efficiently to promote the benefits of cement and concrete. Presenter: Mike Ireland, PCA.
- The latest from the MIT CSHub and what’s in store for 2019. Presenter: Jeremy Gregory, MIT.
- Research and other activities from the CP Tech Center for 2019. Presenter: Gordon Smith, CP Tech Center.
Click here to register for the Webex/phone event.