The 2nd edition of the Integrated Materials and Construction Manual for Concrete Pavements (IMCP) manual is now available.
The next generation publication has been updated to include the latest innovations and practices, including a chapter on sustainability, updates on test methods to evaluate concrete mixtures, and other current practices that have evolved in the years since the first edition was published in 2006. Like the first edition, the 2019 edition is well organized in 10 tabbed chapters, complete with photos, technical drawings and other illustrations. Tables and “popout” sub-sections provide snapshot descriptions and other useful details.
The publication is a “must-have” reesource for contractors, QC and QA personnel, materials and equipment suppliers, and anyone with an interest in concrete materials, construction practices, and the production of quality pavements. According to the CP Tech Center, the updated publication is designed to help the reader:
- Understand concrete pavements as complex, integrated systems.
- Appreciate that constructing a concrete pavement project involves several discrete practices that interrelate and affect one another in various ways.
- Implement technologies, tests, and best practices to identify materials, concrete properties, and construction practices that are known to optimize concrete performance.
- Recognize factors leading to premature distress in concrete and learn how to avoid or reduce them.
- Quickly access how-to and troubleshooting information.
ACPA staff, members and affiliates were key contributors to the 2nd edition of the IMCP. Contributors include: Angela Folkestad, Colorado/Wyoming-ACPA; Allen Johnson, W.R. Grace & Co. (ret.); Kevin Klein, GOMACO Corporation; Jim Mack, CEMEX USA; Chris Poe, AJAX Paving; David Suchorski, Ash Grove Cement Company; and Leif Wathne, ACPA. Many ACPA technical publications and other resources were used and cited as references to the new edition.
Click here to download a PDF of the manual.